Monday, June 5, 2017

June Counterfeit Kit

Every couple of years or so I consider joining a Scrapbooking Kit Club.  I look at all the different websites, compare the style, the amount of papers, embellishments, stamps etc, then do the maths: kit plus postage(mostly international) times conversion rate.  The result is always the same - I simply cannot justify the price! I actually have a bit of an idea up my sleeve I want to try once my spending freeze is over, but in the meanwhile, I've got the Counterfeit Kit Challenge to keep me distracted!

Excellent timing, because who was in my top 2 kits this time around, but Felicity Jane!  This month's inspiration is their May kit, "Willow":
So pretty! How close can I get to making a similar kit?  You can watch my process and find out:


After doing 80 pages on a spending freeze, I was stoked with how great this kit pulled together! With any luck, this kit plus the odd other project will see me through to the last 20 pages of my spending freeze.  I can't wait to start playing!


5 comments:

  1. Ah! A spending freeze - yes, so many of us can relate to that. And yes, I can totally relate to the kit restriction. The international postage and then the customs duty (really strict here in Germany) kill the idea every time :-( And yes, FJ would be on my list too. So it's GREAT that CKC gives us all a way to enjoy these kits while being friendly on our budgets! Your kit looks lovely and I'm off to watch the video now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congrats on scrapping through 80 pages on a freeze. I'm not having so much luck working through my 100 papers. Loving your nice big kit, lots of lovely little bits to work with. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've included some lovely items in this kit! Great, considering that you must have used up a lot of stash already! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I love seeing older supplies come together to make beautiful kits!

    ReplyDelete