Wednesday, February 22, 2017

LiIac fields . . . with no lilac in sight!

Well I knew that my purple-heavy Counterfeit Kit was going to be a challenge this month, but with four pages under my belt, and the plan to make a few cards, I knew I would be able to play around with the elements in this kit that . . . how shall I put it . . . weren't quite so purple!  And what better way than with this month's Scrapbook Boutique mood board . . .


and here's my page, featuring the cheerful combination of blue and yellow . . .





The map paper I had included in the kit was screaming to be made into a page about my eldest son, and his travel plans, post-HSC . . .


I was able to keep the relevant part of the map clear, and used a trio of rhinestones to show where we live, and the two countries he had visited so far.  Thailand, where he is currently considering going for a gap year programme, is also visible. 


In other kit-related news, I've improved my method of storing my home-made kits. For quite a while now I've been looking longingly at the Iris boxes that some of the American girls own, but with the exchange rate and postage to Australia, the cost would have been astronomical.  In the end I had another "are you a papercrafter or what" moment.  Check out my video to see what I've done . . .

3 comments:

  1. Two super sweet layouts. I especially like the birds and stamping on the "Disco Twins" page. I also enjoyed your video.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could share these beautiful layouts with us at Scrapbook Boutique. I'm off to check out your video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page for the Scrapbook Boutique mood board is perfect - the lovely blues and yellows are so cheery and complement your lovely photo perfectly! Your other layout is great too!

    ReplyDelete