Saturday, November 26, 2016

Sorting Patterned Papers.

So my oldest son, Rohan, completed his last HSC exam, turned 18 and did his first shift at Macca's, all in just over a week.  That's a pretty big week!

Currently his plan for next year is to take a gap year before starting Uni the year after, work at Maccas, make art videos and become a Youtube superstar, as you do.

Being the super-proud Mum that I am, here's his channel, MadeByRohan.

At about the same time that he and my husband were making a camera rig for his desk, I bought a huge huge huge stack of patterned papers (all on special of course) so I thought, why not start my own Youtube channel and make my own videos, starting with one on how I sort my patterned papers.  So I did! And here it is:

(Warning: it's literally me rambling on about papers for nearly 15 minutes, so if that sounds boring to you, I won't be offended if you don't watch it!!  Also I didn't check the focus before I started, so it isn't great. Sad face.)


My son said to me, Mum, your channel is called "Spend Less Craft More" and one of the first words you use is "splurge".  And it's true, I have let my stash build up a scary amount since starting this blog however many years ago, so I have a spending freeze challenge in mind for myself in the new year.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear you Julie. I agree that scrapbook blogging tends to increase ones stash faster than it can be used and showcased on the blog. Good luck with your New Year's challenge. I've tried and failed at that a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete