Thursday, July 16, 2015

Double page challenge: Complete!


Don't be scared, I'm not going to bore you with the whole 20 double-page spreads that  I've completed.  But here's a few of my favourites that I hope you won't mind having a bit of a peek at . . .


I'm so proud of my title on this New Year's Eve layout.  I found some super-old chipboard alphas which I inked with pigment ink and embossed with a clear sparkle embossing powder.  Love!



Next up is some photos of our first ever camping holiday as a family.  I divided the photos up so they fit on two double page spreads (above and below) and two single pages.
  

By this stage I was up to 19 doubles, and a bit over them, if I'm to be totally honest. So I decided that surely two singles sitting together from the same holiday counted as a double, making the scrapping of that holiday, and the challenge, complete!


I'm sure I've always loved these photos, of the boys sitting in the tent dressing up their stuffed toys, but I love them so much more now that my boys are hulking, grumpy teenagers, and this is such a sweet memory to look back on!



Another super-sweet memory, this time of Maddy, at about 19 months, so conked out from the adventures of camping that she fell asleep in her chair!


In fact I loved the photos so much - and the clouds - that I immediately used them again to put into Maddy's album!


I used the negative space as a stencil for my gelatos to do the green clouds . . . 


And the negative space of the pink 6" paper exactly as it was, backed by another 6" paper.


There's just one more favourite left to share with you, but I think it demonstrates the flow of my newly re-organised craft room, so I'll show it to you soon when I bring you Part 3 of my organisation series: Flat Embellishments.  I hope I'll see you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment