Sunday, May 3, 2015

Gold Fever!!!!


 Do you remember your first love?  Your paper crafting first love, that is!  What got you started on this hobby? For me, it would have to be heat embossing.  Stamping an image, pouring the powder on, and then . . . the magic!  Heating that powder and watching it melt and transform into a beautiful shiny, raised surface.  Those of us who didn't have heat tools used our toasters . . . powder side up, of course!



So I'm so pleased that the gold thickers of the April Counterfeit Kit Challenge inspiration kit, "Messy Kit" reminded me of this love. And a bit of gold ink might have found it's way to some edges, as well. . .


After I'd made a couple of pages with my April kit, I decided I needed to focus on the black-and-white papers that I had included, and, with a bit of help from my February kit, ended up with 11 "starter page kits" scattered on my floor.

I didn't really think I'd get very far with those page kits, but a day off work during The Big Storm gave me some extra time.  (Mind you I did have a whole title ready to emboss before I realised it's a bit hard to use a heat gun with no power!)

I gave myself until the end of this weekend to finish as many as I could and I'm pretty pleased with how much I got done . . .


A little story about a giant pizza . . .







Our family loved the second of "The Voice" Australia.  If you haven't seen Harrison Craig's blind audition, it's totally worth a look. Maddy and I went to see him when he came to our local Westfield . . .

Loving the pink, gold and black/white stripe combo on this page . . . .

Working the green frame paper as a patterned paper as well as an embellishment  . . . 

After I scrapped this page about Rohan's presentation day last year we both realised there wasn't actually much to say . . . 

I'm loving those vellum hearts, and the bright colours on this page of Maddy painting a rock on the Port Macquarie breakwall . . . 

Rohan took some awesome photos of my niece and nephew with my brand new DSLR.  I love scrapping these guys, and not just because of the "you've scrapbooked my children more than I have" comments I get from my sister (check the comments below to see if she's been!)

Just a coffee break at our local shopping centre, but an Instagram competition (which I never entered) encouraged me to take this cute picture . . . 

Terrible photos but a memory I wanted to record . . .

It never would have occurred to me to put gold on a teenage boy page, but I'm loving how it looks . . .

There's two page kits left which I've set aside for now, mostly to see if there might be some other photos to include.

Thanks for stopping by. . . I hope you've had some crafty time this weekend, too!

6 comments:

  1. Laughing at your comment about forgetting the power was out when you were ready to emboss! You were very productive with your kits - I especially like the "good times at the square" page with the fun little birds and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me too well. I was thinking of making a comment about you scrapping my kids more than me, but wasn't going to write it. After your comment however, I feel obliged to say something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!You got heaps done! I love the gold touches too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny with the story about the power and your sister too! I have that when the power is out or the computer is updating - every single thing you need/want to do right that moment is either with the power or the computer! guess it shows how addicted I am!!! Well done on working through your kits in this way - creating page kits - and then actually getting them done! Very impressive selection of happy pages. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore gold lettering too, I'm so glad it's back in vogue as well! (ps so glad that I didn't have to use the toaster, I'm a bit of a clutz)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whole lot of scrapping going on there. I need to get back and do some embossing too - the result is always worth the effort. It is just hard to remember that when getting started.

    ReplyDelete