Thursday, June 6, 2013

My June Counterfeit Kit

This month, the Counterfeit Kit Challenge has two choices of a kit to copy, both from Scraptastic.

I chose to Counterfeit the "After the Storm" Kit, as I thought I could match the colours the best, and I knew I had something similar to that floral in the top left corner.


I also figured the blue/green/yellow colour scheme (with a few feminine touches) is very versatile for all kinds of pages.  And because it ended up looking so fun, I've named this months kit,

Come Out to Play


I can feel some shopping coming on soon, but in the meantime, I'm trying to make use of what's sitting in my stash.  How did I do?
Papers from: EP For the Record 2:Documented (2) Studio Calico"Take Note" (2) and EP For the Record 2:Tailored (1)
Echo Park "All About a Boy" (3) and Pink Paislee: Portfolio (1)



It's getting harder and harder to match cardstock from my stash, particularly blues.  I've added a few sheets in, but will I manage to use them somehow, go shopping for  a better match or leave them in the bottom of the box?  Your guess is as good as mine!

I've included 3 different Echo Park alphabet sheets, and I'm secretly hoping to somehow get one more use out of my one and only set of Thickers!


Here's a super-old sheet of SEI tags.  Once they're pulled apart, I think there are a few that will work in nicely with the colours.  I've added a bund of other tags and journalling cards, mostly cut-aparts from the collections mentioned above.


I managed to put a sheet of kraft cardstock through my Silhouette before I got bored.  Love, love. love the butterflies, and the fact that I've got both positive and negative to play with in all the "project life" style cards!


The one purchase I have made recently was washi tape, so I've included a generous 5 rolls this month!  I still own three sets of wood veneers and I still love them, so here they are again!  


Because I wanted to include something a bit different this month, I've pulled out some (old!) star paperclips and (probably older!) slide frames.  I think they look pretty good framing wood veneers, don't you think?

How's your creativity this month? Are you going to "come out and play" with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, too?

8 comments:

  1. Great kit, love your homemade items and mmmmm, washi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kit! Washi tape is one of my favs as it is sooooo versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. likey. you could take your last thickers and make little pictures for your frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been able to find slide frames. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice title, lovely kit.

    I like that little floral print and also the pieces you made with your silhouette - I still don't have a cutting machine like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kit looks amazing, I agree those butterflies are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a fabulous job with your kit. I do like the look of the slide frames with the wood veneers. Good idea! I also like your choice of washi that you included! I see your alphas are starting to look a lot like mine - a bit picked over. Means we are using them up! Great job.

    ReplyDelete