Friday, May 3, 2013

May Counterfeit Kit Part One: the Kit

Did I just write the word "May"??!!! Has a quarter of the year gone already? But the good news is, a new month means a new kit to Counterfeit at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge!  This month's inspiration comes from Polly! Scrap Kits and is the March kit "Shoreline" . . .




and the mini kit from the same month, "Totally Rad" . . .


The first thing that struck me when I looked at these images was the navy and white striped paper, which reminded me of a recent purchase which included items from Basic Grey's "PB&J" line . . .

 


(although the fact that I accidentally bought 2 sheets of the floral paper might have had something to do with it, also!)

With these 2 sheets of paper as the starting point of my kit, I decided both patterns would look great as a beach towel . . . so that's what I named my kit.  This is also part of my cunning plan to make you think I was trying to work in with the Shoreline/nautical theme! ;)




Let's take a closer look at the papers first, shall we?



From left to right we've got 2 papers from Basic Grey "PB&J", followed by one from Echo Park "About a Boy, then Echo Park "Everyday Eclectic, Pink Paisley "Cottage Farm" and one sheet of cardstock.
The 6" papers are from two My Minds Eye collections, "Bright" and "Moments".  I have no idea how recent those two collections are, as they arrived in my mail box this week from a Lets Scrap win, so they're brand new to me!  As you can see, I've stayed fairly close to the colours in the inspiration kit, with the addition of the pink.

Next up I've added a collection of stamps:

This is a great, versatile set with a very useable font, and images that can take you from very feminine through neutral to more masculine pages.  And wait, there's a boat!  See, I did manage to get the nautical theme in after all!


You'd be forgiven for thinking that this was my only lettering this month . . .





but I've actually included another four sheets of cardstock, with the express intent of using them in my Silhouette Machine to create titles.  Of course, once the Silhouette machine is out, I might just make an embellishment or too!


And speaking of making embellishments . . .



I've added just a small selection of off-cuts and some dome stickers, with which I hope to create my two current favourites, DIY "flair" and dimensional dots, or other small elements.

But it's not all DIY this month . . . 


Above you can see I've included my wood veneers, some twine, three lengths of ribbon and one roll of washi.  Below is the stickers I've pulled out: two flat sheets and one chipboard from the Echo Park "For the Record 2" collections, and a rather eclectic sheet which comprises the left-overs of three different Basic Grey collections. (I collated then on a single sheet one day to save room in my storage folder).




 Normally I'm quite happy to dip into my stash while using my Counterfeit Kit, but this month I plan to limit myself to using only these supplies - the only exception being inks, sprays, and of course tools and adhesives.


I'm trying something a bit different this month . . .  I wonder if my supply list rings a bell with anyone? Can you guess what my process is going to be ?  I guarantee some of you will know it when you see it, but I won't bore you with the details now - stay tuned until the next post to see if you guessed correctly!


In the meantime, happy counterfeiting!

4 comments:

  1. Great kit, look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kit. I'm joining in for the first time and I've just got to photograph my kit and I'm ready to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy. don't get your beach towel wet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! LOVE this kit! I especially like how you threw in all of those dreamy floral patterns. Well done!

    ReplyDelete