Monday, April 22, 2013

Coloured cardstock . . . feeling the love!

If you're visiting from the purplemailbox  Layout Love Linky, from Shimelle or anywhere else, then welcome!
Here's a bit of a mix of pages I've been creating in pockets of time during the school holidays.  The one thing in common? I'm managing to use my coloured cardstock! (although there's quite a bit of my DIY "flair" and dimensional dots in there as well)

First up, another Hamish page, using this sketch from Shimelle:





I started with a sheet of cardstock from my April counterfeit kit as my background, then diverged to my Pink Paisley stash as I knew the page would be opposite this one in my album.


When Hamish was a puppy we often commented on how he wanted to be friends with the whole world, so this page tells that story, supported by his first meeting with a few little cuties!  Hard to tell who is enjoying the attention most!


This next page uses the last two full sheets of patterned paper from my April main kit, with a sheet of hot pink cardstock in between.  The die-cuts are from my Add-on kit.


I thought the viewfinder and polaroid frame added a bit of a fun retro feel to these photos of Maddy and two of her friends at a 60's themed event.


Next up, my submission to the Scrapbook Supplies Online monthly sketch competition:




This page documents our first year of having a membership to the Jets, our local soccer team.


I love how easy it was to make customised soccer ball "flair"! (Hardly anything from my Counterfeit kit in this one, just in case you're wondering)


I hope you're still reading, because I've saved my favourite page for last! 


See these girls?  Think they look alike enough to be sisters?  That's what people have been saying since they started school together over 5 years ago!  So when Eva got dressed after Maddy's sleepover last year in an outfit just like hers, we HAD to take a photo, and then document it!



This page started as a page kit I made out of the left-overs from my November Counterfeit Kit "purple people eater", to which I've added bits and pieces from probably almost every kit since!


We're 90% sure that the "just add sugar" tag is from the actual jacket Maddy is wearing in the photo. It's definitely from the Trade Secret where the jacket was bought (and, coincidentally, where Eva's older sister works)  At any rate, I think it makes a cute title for the page!


With the addition of paint splatters, different layers of stamping, die-cuts, sewing and all the rest, who said that coloured cardstock was boring?!


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pages! I love how you used that tag as your title - genius!!! Thanks for linking up with Layout Love Linky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, the pics in that first layout are soooo cute! great layouts, Found you on the Purple Mailbox party!! =)Tiffany
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of wonderful pages! My fave is the one featuring the adorable Hamish. Love the photos and the tags!!!

    ReplyDelete