Monday, February 4, 2013

February Counterfeit Kit

Hello and welcome, fellow counterfeiters.  (And if you don't know what the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is, why don't you pop on over and find out!)

As a mother of two boys, I am so excited about the colours in this month's inspiration kit:


It's called "Chasing Pavements" from a site called Scraptastic.


There was a period there, when there didn't seem to be any blue or green in the scrapbooking shops at all, and what was there tended towards the floral and girly. 

In fact, before I show you my kit this month, I have to digress and tell you about the Christmas present Maddy (my 9 year old) gave me this last Christmas.  She wanted to buy me craft supplies, but her Dad had run out of time to take her shopping.  So we decided I would take her to the shop, brief the owner, and go for a walk down the street for five minutes.  On the way over, I suggested that anything blue or green but not too girly would be a good choice. In the end, Kylie, the owner, brewed me a coffee and sent me out the back with a magazine.  Then, when the secret shopping was finished, she showed us the Kaisercraft new releases for the next couple of months.

And yes, they came through with the goods, choosing the Echo Park "For the Record 2: Documented" paper pack and matching layered chipboard stickers.  Thanks Maddy and thanks Kylie!

And that's not the only newish product in my stash. So you'll be seeing a lot more recent product in my kits over the next few months.

Ok, enough waffle!  In honour of an old saying my mother used to quote
"blue and green should never be seen,
without a colour in between"
I've named this month's kit, "Never Be Seen".



Let's take a closer look, starting with the papers:



Top Row: we've got 5 sheets of Echo Park, starting with 2 sheets from "For the Record 2: Documented", one from "For the Record 2: Tailored and one from Everyday Eclectic.  Next up 2 sheets from Pink Paislee "Portfolio" and lastly Basic Grey "Out of Print".
Bottom Row: Studio Calico - 2 sheets each from Take Note and Classic Calico.  Then we've got 4 sheets of much older paper to finish off.
Let's take a peek at the back sides now:


Most of the B-sides are on the neutral to boyish end of the spectrum as well, but that's OK - I've got plenty of "boyish" photos I can scrap!
I don't a lot in my off-cuts that match this month's kit, but I pulled out a bunch of thin strips.  Let's see how many I manage to use!


Alphas and stickers next:


You'll see sticker sheets there from For the Record 2: Documented and Everyday Eclectic and some Heidi Swap iron-on letters.

OK, embellishment time!





We've got buttons and wood veneers, frames, tabs and ephemera from Pink Paislee, and of course some washi tape.  But because this is the Counterfeit Kit Challenge . . . 


. . . I've also stamped a whole bunch of labels . . .


. . . and cut some fun shapes, including lots of different arrows and some chevron borders. 

Well, that's my kit.  I can't wait to start using it!  Are you going to be counterfeiting this month?  I hope you have as much fun as I think I'm going to . . .





6 comments:

  1. I loooooove the story of your Christmas gift! How very sweet of the store owner. They did an awesome job! I also love how you've named your kit after a saying that is precious to you. Fabulous job here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - great counterfeiting - good to use your stamps and get stuff ready like that. I love the story about your Xmas gift too - how clever - and I loved the look of For The Record 2 Documented when I saw it come out ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've really matched that kit so well..

    Love your little containers for buttons etc - how fabby are those! Love your title of your kit too! I never think to do that... hmmmn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your cut arrows! The kit looks great, and I'd forgotten about that blue-and-green saying, my mum used to say that to me! Great story about your present too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the muted colours and all those arrows make me very envious! I really must try and find a way to make some for myself

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the use of FTR2 and fantastic cutouts and stamped images! CaN'T wait to see what you do with the veneers!

    ReplyDelete