Thursday, November 15, 2012

Practising What I Preach.

In my recent 10 things post, Current Trends and the Noble art of Stash-Busting, one of my suggestions was to copy the techniques your favourite designers use, rather than the products.  In that post I was mainly focussing on paper off-cuts, but the same could be true for your older papers, letter stickers, ribbons . . . any supply in your stash you can lay your hand on, really!

So tell me, honestly, (as long as it's nice-honest), what does this page say to you? Does it say "current trends", or does it scream "old supplies"?


Actually, if you said "old supplies" that would be OK, because other than the white Thickers, the supplies are in fact pretty old!

But, unless I'm totally delusional, here's three reasons why this page at least whispers "current trends"

1. A fabulous sketch, of course! This one is from PageMaps


 2. Clustered embellishments:


3. A big title with a mix of fonts.


I'm also entering this page in the S J Crafts Monthly challenge with the theme of "Christmas" and the optional extra of "mix up the alphas". Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. I think its a wonderful page and by adding little touches like the flipped up page and the scrabble tiles it brings it nicely to the current!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page! Hanging tinsel certainly brings back the memories for me.

    ReplyDelete