Friday, November 23, 2012

Chatterbox "Scrapbooking Walls", anyone?

Does anyone out there remember the old Chatterbox "Scrapbooking Walls" lines?  Maybe even have a sheet or two still lurking in their stash?  If you don't remember them, each range was named after a different room and had co-ordinating  wallpaper-style patterns.  They were one of the first papers (that I'm aware of at any rate) to be double-sided, and the B-side was always a very subtle tone-on-tone check.  Well I, for one, was not going to "waste" the beautiful A-side patterns in order to use the back!
Uh-oh, you know where we're going with this one, don't you?  I've been steadily working through the old papers in the last year and a half, but when I was recently going through the last of my old papers to choose my November Counterfeit Kit, "Purple People Eater" there was one full sheet left.  It's a purple-and-green paisley.  Guess which side I ended up using?

First up, a page using this sketch from Scrapbook Supplies Online:




Now, I could have just used the whole sheet and called it good, but I really really wanted to have another go at using the paisley, so before I sewed this page together, I cut out the middle . . . ready for another try.

This next page isn't finished yet -

not quite sure what direction to take with the title and journalling.  I do want you to notice my shoes, though.  Purple suede joggers!  And a different pair of tie-dyed jeans!  (and a different sheet of Chatterbox paper matting the photo - B side, of course!)

Still a bit of paper left . . . I wonder if I'll be able to use the A-side this time?  But hang on, check out the awesome challenge from ColourQ this week:

Wonder if I can work in the Counterfeit Kit challenge to be inspired by a stamp at the same time?


I have always loved the expression on Angus's face in this photo as he watches an older girl blowing bubbles.  The way he's looking at the golf club and ball is pretty funny too! 
I don't often use quotes on my pages but this one I found was perfect for this page:

"There are no seven wonders in the eyes of a child. There are seven million". Walt Streightiff

What about you?  Any "Scrapbooking Walls" lurking?  Or other older supplies you're ready to get out and have a play with?   

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes - I have some lovely Scrapbook Walls still in my scraps bag - Pool Tiles and matching vellum - I preferred the gorgeous B side of the paper but have used both by careful gutting just like you!
    Love your pages, especially that final one - such cute pics and a great quote to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the stamp challenge...love the doily stamp! I often "steal" from the inside hidden part of a layout to keep from wasting paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had the Chatterbox left in my stash. LOVED that line!!! You are scrapping like crazy! Great job using your kit for so many different memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pages, Julie, love your pictures as well. Thanks for sharing your pages with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely layouts. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have Scrapbook walls-LOL I bought 2 papers so I could use the solid with the pattern. I also have that velvet green flower paper you used on the 2nd page. :) These are awesome pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet page. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work here, I love the simplicity of the grid on the first one and I'll be lifting that idea on how to use those vellum speech bubbles. Great work on all these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a great idea! i never thought to stamp a pattern onto plain paper! Now to find an awesome stamp to try it out! (and i had purple suede platforms in 9th grade (1999). they were the best!)

    ReplyDelete