The story so far . . .Way back in August, I put together a Counterfeit Kit which included LOTS of off-cuts. When September rocked around, I knew I had a pretty busy month ahead, and also that I didn't feel like my August kit was "finished". I therefore decided to do a smaller "add-on" kit, and see how I went. I actually had ridiculously high hopes of that stack of off-cuts whittling away to nothing, but life kind of got in the road of that particular plan, as it has a habit of doing . . .
Here's one page I did finish but hadn't posted yet:
Finally, Maddy and I had a bit of fun making some mini-notebooks. I'd first gotten the idea from Elsie at A Beautiful Mess, here, although there are plenty of other versions out there.
For the pages, I used some old half-used exercise books that came home from school last year. I like to keep a few around for notes to school etc, but thought this would be a fun way to re-purpose them. All the larger pieces of cardstock and thicker papers were fair game to be used as covers. All the die-cuts I used were either left-overs from previous projects, or cut from the scraps in my kit.
Like Elsie, I used embroidery cotton to hold my books together. I added washi tape as seam binding to some books and left the others plain.
I loved both sides of this paper, so I used both positive and negative of this shape!
Yes, a few butterflies did flutter on down!
Maddy took the "mini" in the mini-notebook idea very seriously. I couldn't find hers to take a photo, so check back in a couple of days and I'll hopefully have updated with a picture of her gorgeously tiny creations.