Thursday, June 7, 2012

A quick card with Retro Sketches

With a couple of birthdays this month I wanted to make some cards.  But while I am working, I don't have a lot of time to sit in the craft room and play . . . thank heaven for sketch websites!  Sometimes it's fun to play around with a sketch and add to it or stretch it a bit, but when you're busy . . . that's right! . . . it's OK to embrace your literallness and let the sketch do most of the work.

Here's the sketch from Retro Sketches that I used:


And here's my card:


Yes, I was that lazy! I not only used the butterfly, but even the button! 
But my message today is this:  not everything you create has to be an award-winning, unique piece of art!  I would rather whip up a quick card like this, knowing it will still be appreciated by the recipient than to try and spend hours I don't have on a masterpiece (or, worse still, buy a card! LOL!)

Until next time, happy creating!

P.S. for my "product challenge to self" I get a point for once again using fibres, and a bonus point for using coloured embossing powder - I don't think I have touched that stuff since I bought it for Christmas cards I don't know how many years ago! 

1 comment:

  1. FAB clean & simple design! Love how you have used the fibres!

    ReplyDelete