Monday, May 7, 2012

Scrapbook Stamping

I first started out in card-making before I took the plunge into scrapbooking. And back then, card-making was pretty much synonymous with stamping.  I think one of the main reasons I started to scrapbook was the idea that I would have double the opportunity to use my tools and supplies - that was the stated reason of course, but there was also double the opportunity to buy more stuff!
And while I certainly have used my stamps in my albums over the years, there's always the sneaking feeling that many of my stamps have really not been used enough to justify their existence in my collection. 
That's why I was so excited to win a spot in Jen Gallagher's workshop, "Scrapbook Stamping" At 2Peas in a Bucket.
While I haven't finished the "assignments" for all the chapters yet, I've jumped ahead to the "bonus chapter" she added for "National Scrapbook Day", and here is my page which combines a range of stamping types:


The hoodie Angus is wearing in the photo immediately made me think of my Echo Park "This and That" 6" pad, so I chose all my papers out of that.  (Mind you, I think he'll be wearing it in every photo this winter, he only takes it off to have a bath and go to school - yes I have sometimes caught him sleeping in it!)


My title is a mix of letter and word stamps, and I added the pointer finger stamp to draw attention to the lizard he is holding.  Other stamping includes a clear-embossed background stamp, a thin border stamp and a journalling spot.  Our lizard does not yet have a name, and it is too young to tell whether it is a boy or a girl, so I included some question marks as embellishments.
 

I have used the Scrapbook Supplies Online sketch for this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment