Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Enjoy the journey

If your family is anything like mine, (and in this respect at least, I'm sure they are) they love to pull out the scrapbooks and go through the old photos.  It's pretty natural at these times to consider what has changed and what has stayed the same in your scrapping style.
Here's a page I made years ago, which is still one of my favourites:


Back then, coloured cardstock was my number one supply (the idea of using more than one patterned paper on the one page would never have crossed my mind). 
But hey, I was using embroidery floss even back then, I'd forgotten that! And home-cut titles.  Except now I use my Silhouette! (print the outline in WordArt, mirror it and print on the back of your cardstock before cutting by hand, remember that?)

So with this in mind, it's kind of surprising that when I set myself a product challenge to do a cardstock-only page again, it took about 10 months to get around to it!

Here's a page I did based on the weekly sketch at Lets Scrap:


For a while now I have been looking wistfully at pages that people have made using all those lovely sprays you can buy these days.  It was one particular trend I stayed strong against though, how could I choose which colours to buy without buying them all?
But when I saw a tutorial in a magazine about making your own though, I couldn't wait to buy my own empty misting bottles and give it a try! Depending which version you make, all you need is acrylic paint and/or reinkers, pearl-ex powders, glue (optional). . . . and water!   My first attempt came out a bit thick if anything . . . but that's all part of the journey!




When we go bushwalking, I often take photos like these, I love recording the journey up and down the winding tracks.

Scrapbooking . . . bushwalking . . . life . . . don't forget to enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Love the masking your have done here. I have been scrapping for more than a decade and, thought I have done this on cards, I have never "masked" on a layout. You have done an awesome job here!

    ReplyDelete