Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blue's not my colour, and neither is argyle.

Monochromatic isn't really my thing, and blue isn't really my colour, so when I saw this month's challenge photo from Scrapbook Boutique , I thought if I was lucky, I might manage a card.


But a month-long challenge pinned to your board has a way of permeating your subconscious, I guess, especially when it is as gorgeous as this one!

Last week I pulled out the photos I had printed from a camping trip with friends last October long weekend.  I ended up dividing them into four sets of photos, with pairs of pages having a matching background so they work well together in the album.  For one of the pairs, a chose a really pretty shade of . . . you guessed it, blue!  I don't tend to post pages with photos of other people without their permission, but I don't think I'm really invading anyone's privacy with this one, do you?


The other requirement of the challenge was to use hand-made flowers.  As you can see, I ended up being inspired by the patty case rather than the rose in the tea cup, and made pin-wheel flowers!
Just like blue isn't really my colour, argyle isn't really my pattern, and this paper was sitting in paper purgatory - but I rescued it for this project, and I'm really loving how the argyle works to make a pretty flower pattern! Not to mention a very cheap embellishment!

Thanks for taking the time to look

5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Your 'monochromatic blue' theme looks so perfectly put together. Fabulous flowers and great photos too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well considering blue is not your colour Julie you've done a beautiful job here:-) The argyle pattern looks great on your large pin-wheel flower. Looks like a beautiful place to walk too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how your pinwheels turned out Julie and the shaped matt with room for journaling is great too! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbook Boutique........Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That argyle paper has worked a treat with your accordion flowers! Well done! (And it makes my heart happy to see scrapbook layouts in the challenge!)
    Thanks for joining in this months Scrapbook Boutique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a superb take on the inspiration picture, CAS and so elegant! the accordian flowers are brilliant in the paper!
    Thanks for sharing at Scrapbook Boutique! :)

    ReplyDelete