I was actually thinking that my use of slide mounts was coming to an end - not because I'd run out of them, but because I was starting to run out of nice colours! LOL! But then I thought to myself, but what if I covered the not-very-pretty-coloured slide mount in pretty-coloured paper. So I'd like to say this card was created with a particular person in mind. But it's not. It's actually created with rescue-the-ugly-coloured-slidemount in mind!
Originally I had said that I wanted to do the cards for this hop with all off-cuts, but I have since amended that to include 6" pads. It's really more about the size of the sheet of paper, and using what I have than anything else! So all the papers, and the purple die-cut, come from the same pad from Kaisercraft.
Two more things I want to share with you about this card:
- Much as I love the look of baker's twine that I am seeing so much these days, I haven't stretched the budget yet to buying any - knowing me I would want a roll in every colour! But way back in the days before paper-craft, I used to dabble in cross-stitch. And as every former- or current-cross-stitcher knows, it doesn't take long to build up a stash of a lot of different colours of floss, some of which have hardly been touched! So it's nice that two different colours of embroidery floss have made a cameo appearance on this card.
- Now to the buttons. To you, they might just look like buttons. But to me, I happen to know that at a craft show 2 years ago I attended a seminar at a craft show where they demonstrated a particular dye, one of it's features being that it could dye synthetic products such as nylon lace and buttons! Why I decided I needed to dye buttons, when I have about a squillion buttons from my mother's craft shop, I can't really say. Anyway I bought two colours of dye (green and purple) and I'm not really sure if I've used the items I've dyed on any item until today . . . .