Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scrapbook boutique november challenge

Here is a the card I made for the Scrapbook Boutique November challenge.  Follow the link to see the cute little cupcake with those gorgeous dots!

What do you think, are these large dots or small circles?  Who cares, I loved making this card, so fun going through my small scraps box looking for papers that would work   I'm so glad that I inked the edges of my circles, too - it gives it a much more finished look.  I thought a bout adding eyelets to every circle, but (apart from the fact that I didn't have the right shade of pinkish red) I like the good old visual triangle.

The girl is from a folder I have creatively named "card bits".  It's a lever-arch folder jam packed with all sorts of punched shapes, half-finished projects and stamped images - many from stamps belonging to friends, when I've been to craft get-togethers.  It's one part of the craft stash I haven't really tackled, so for now, pulling out the odd image every few  months will have to do!

3 comments:

  1. This is super adorable! LOVE the 'spots and dots', what a fabulous take on the inspiration!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spots, spots and more spots...........fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! you have rocked this challenge!!! love the little girl and the dots are perfect!! thank you for joining in scrapbook boutiqes challenge this month!
    PS Love the title of your blog!! (that should be my motto!)

    ReplyDelete