Saturday, September 3, 2011

The festival of Dad(s)

I didn't have the most productive week this week, study-wise, which translated into not doing much craft. However, there were a few cards that I was determined to get done!  Robert's birthday is the 3rd of September, which means, of course, that it is right on top of Fathers Day.  This year, his birthday is today, Saturday, and Fathers Day is Sunday.  A few days ago, he referred to this weekend as "The Festival of Dad", which I liked, and used as the basis of this his card.
 Next, the cards for the grandfathers.  Our parents don't live nearby so I try to get a card in the mail each year.  This year, I thought I would give ColourQ a go and see what this week's colour scheme had to offer.  Turns out, they are celebrating their 100th challenge, which this week was a sketch, and you could pick any colour scheme you like to accompany it.
This is the card I made for my dad, based on the sketch plus challenge #25
And this is the card for my father-in-law, John, using #85

No comments:

Post a Comment