Thursday, September 22, 2011

A busy week for Colorful Creations (and gift voucher #1)

It's been tight deadlines for Colorful Creations this week. First up was my turn at the round robin, with a 3 day turnaround.  It's a secret whispers type of thing, so I can't reveal  Paige's layout that I had to scraplift, or the page I made myself.  You'll have to wait until the end of the month for that!
Secondly was the third week of So you think you can scrap.  This week, we were given a one-photo sketch, and the brief to create a page with a specific time as the heading.  My idea was to use the heading "9am to 3pm" and the journalling "there's never enough hours in the school day to get done all the things you have to get done".
I chose one of my recently purchased PP as the background, as I thought it went well with the sketch, turned 180 degrees.  Not being someone who has a quality photo printer at home (or time to get to the shops to have anything printed out) I decided I would take a photo and just print out a temporary one on printer paper, which I can always reprint properly later.
But I've got to be honest with you, I'm not that happy with this page.  Take away the photo, title and journalling, I love the layout . . . I just think it needs a different story, maybe with a more flowing title.
I think I would like to take the journalling and title, combine it with a series of photos showing all the daily chores I try to do on a school day (washing, cleaning, shopping etc) and do a whole different page.
Sigh.  I thought I already learnt this lesson, story and photos first!
And now to my gift voucher.  A couple of months ago I received a phone call from my insurance company, informing me I hadn't paid my building insurance bill and would I like to pay it over the phone.  I hadn't decided to change companies or anything, turns out it had fallen behind the computer!  the good thing was, though, if I paid then and there over the phone, I would get a gift voucher as a thank you present! Awesome! And it got better, because when I got the voucher in the mail, one of the few vouchers I could redeem for that amount of money was to Eckersleys art supplies!
When I went to spend it the other day, top of my list was either a glue pen or refill for my Xyron sticker machine, to keep up with all my Silhouette creations.  As it turns out I bought both, plus 2 Inktense pencils, spending the difference of $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment