Friday, August 12, 2011

Love the 2-in-1 challenge

You'd think I had joined enough challenge sites by now, but when I saw a link for the colorful creations "punch festival" on  another blog that I follow, I couldn't resist!  The challenge required you to use a minimum of 3 punches.  I used 5: two border punches, the circles in the title, the blue layer of the flowers and the tab punch.  The butterfly and the title are sizzix dies.
These photos are from the same day as the last page I posted, this time for Maddy's album.  I have already done her a page with journalling about this and another friend leaving church, so I kept it simple this time, just using a few suitable word stamps, "remember precious moments".
It took me a while to work out the right colour scheme for this one, I was trying to use the green from Lilly's shirt . . but I couldn't get it to work.  I always have a few ColourQ combo's on my pinboard that I like, and what do you know? The current challenge, #97 went with the girl's shirts perfectly.  Got to love a 2-in-1 challenge!  I was also able to use two of the same papers from the last page, adding black and white, and a different blue for the bottom layer of the flowers.

3 comments:

  1. What a happy layout! Visiting from ColourQ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout, Julie, and such beautiful girls. Your colors go perfectly! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute LO and great use of the punches too! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week

    ReplyDelete