Saturday, June 25, 2011

Something old, something new . . .

Here's a page I finished earlier this week based on Sketch 256 at Scrapbooking Challenges
I think I'll file this one under "older patterned papers go with older photos".  Oh, the sweet memories of when my children used to play together so nicely in the backyard . . .
The decadent thing about this page?  See that piece of purple check paper?  I cut into a brand new sheet of patterned paper for a rectangle about 10x3cm.  But then, it was a sheet destined for the bin if it didn't get used soon, so maybe it wasn't that decadent!


Next page I did was based on the monthly sketch at "Ideal Paper Craft".  This one I'll file under "it's fun to use new patterned papers before they turn into old papers too".  I used my Basic Grey Marjolaine papers which I have really loved since buying the whole set at the end of last year.  This page uses one full sheet and off-cuts from other projects of three other double sided sheets of paper, as well as the coordinating stickers. 
A hint: I find it hard to visualize how stickers will look on the page when they are on those big sheets, so I cut them out, backing and all, so I can play around with placing them on the page.
Bonus hint:  after I was happy with the placement of my elements, I took this digital photo, so that after I had added tape to the back of everything, I would still remember where it all went!
the finished page!

No comments:

Post a Comment